Monday, September 1, 2008

Chads Bday and Labor Day Weekend

This past weekend we went up to Showlow with Shane and Meredith and the Lees. It was so nice to get out of town and enjoy the weather. I cant wait for it to be in the 60's here. I also love the rain and a storm and we had plenty of it up there. It was real low key and enjoyable for that reason. On Sat we went to Sonny's roping and were able to spend some time with the fam as well. Sonny was kind enough to let Chad give kids rides on Cinder. I know my 2 older kids love to ride. Now Ty is not so sure. Chad put her on there and her face was hilarious. You can tell how much she loves it in the pic with her and Sonny. Any how we love to go watch Sonny rope. There is a ton of skill that goes into doing it well, so its fun to see him succeed at it. Here is the man himself! We are fortunate to have him as a dad and a papa. The kids were all pretty into it but Tate can sit and watch for hours. He absolutely loves it and wants to rope some day. I'm not sure he will any good instruction from us but maybe buddy papa will take you under his wing. I'm kidding we will just stick to what we know and I don't think it includes a horse or a rope.I really do love to ride and don't get to very often. I have loved it from my Snowflake days and find it a real treat to be able to ever so often.We just hung out the rest of the day and enjoyed the weather and my good book. My lack of blogging is Vince Flynns fault. I started reading his books and they are phenomenal. We ended up going to Chuck Wagon Steak House for dinner which is not the greatest but I guess it got the job done. If nothing else the hot apple pie made it worth it. Ty learned a magic trick from Jeff. She was actually pretty good at it.I'm not sure there are 2 more sassy girls. Its a good thing they are dang cute. They had a ton of fun and enjoyed playing together. Ty keeps telling me "Kendall nice and her 2" .Is it bad that usually by night time I look forward to this scene. She wears me out!The next day was filled with bubbles, games, eating, wiffle ball in the rain and just enjoying each others company! We did Chads Bday dinner on Sun night which Meredith volunteered to make. Glad she did because I am not so good in the kitchen. Melissa made the cake and it all turned out perfect. B and I thought we were so funny picking out gifts at Walgreen's. I'm not sure he was amused but it was fun any ways. Oh and Meredith got him some depends!!! I am a total slacker and have not done anything for him yet for his bday. I thought the nice red shirt with the muscle man sleeves and some shades to go along would do the trick. I think I better get on something serious but there isn't much he doesn't just buy when he wants it.
Urrys thanks for inviting us. We had a good time and enjoy spending time with you all.

No comments: