Monday, September 15, 2008

Ward Camp Out

This weekend was our ward camp out up by Young, Az. I don't think I have ever been to that part of the state before. It was at a camp ground that was awesome. It was so pretty and the weather was a dream come true. Tate had so much fun hanging out with the big boys and playing in the creek. Of course we never leave our house without his wiffle bat and balls. He stores them in my car so he always has them. He is funny like that. If he forgets them its a tragedy. So he and Chad of course played ball as well. Ty just wandered around being quiet and giving everyone dirty looks when they spoke to her. She is not shy at all but sometimes she can get a tude with the best of em. There were not a ton of people there but we enjoyed hanging out with the ones who were. Had the Larson's not gone as well I may have felt a bit out of place. I know Tate was glad to have Gunner and Eli to hang with. Ty followed Ali around and asked her what she was doing about every 2 min.


She loved sitting by the fire and inching her way closer to it. I couldn't even sit down because she is to busy and was making me nervous.
I forgot again to take a picture of our tent. I was rather impressed Chad whipped that thing up in the dark like he had done it a million times. I have no idea what the actual temp was in the middle of the night but I just know I can not remember a time I have been that cold. When we got there at 830 the temp was right around 50. I swear it had to have dropped 20 degrees throughout the night. Chad and I slept on an air mattress and just had a few blankets on. The freezing air was coming up from underneath us as well as all the way around us. I am a ding dong and forgot to pack myself something to sleep in, which made matters worse. The kids were in their zipper jammies and had their sleeping bags and blankets. Neither one made a peep the entire night. I was glad they were warm. We wont make the mistake of not having a sleeping bag again. As miserable as it was I wouldn't have changed a thing. Well next time I would like to, but for now its all a part of making memories:)

Look at her face! Sharman kept trying to get her to warm up and she would just slowly look at her and get an attitude. It makes me laugh. She doesn't really act all that sassy towards me. Generally she is a crazy, extremely busy but always happy kid. She can actually duke it out quite well with Tate. She finally learned she has to get beastie with him when he is sitting on her head or body slamming her. On our way home we pulled over and shot Jared's guns. Tate was really worried that there would be bears and wanted to make sure Jared brought his guns just in case. Tate thought it was the coolest thing he has ever done. Jared went through the rules and talked to them about being safe which was good for Tate to hear. Calamity Jane has nothing on me!! I was a pretty good shot I would have to say. After we played around for a while we headed out about 330 or so. We ate at the Burger House and made it home in time to shower and turn around and go watch ASU get their butts handed to them. We definitely had a fun weekend and missed B while she was at her dads. I finished Vince Flynn's 8th book and am now reading the last one. Well until Nov. and then the new one comes out. I cant wait!!! I blame him for my lack of being on top of things lately. I started reading his books at the very end of July and have blown through all of them. I stay up half the night reading because they are so good and they are hard to put down. The whole espionage thing is right up my ally. Speaking of, I think Protect and Defend is calling my name right now. Night

1 comment:

Jen and Steven said...

I used to be a pretty good shot myself but it's been a long time. Maybe next time we're down there we can do some target practice! Hope you're all doing well.