Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy B-Day Mom



We went to Bone Fish Grill for moms bday dinner. Since Chad was in Vegas working most the week I was the 3rd wheel with Michelle and Ricky. I thought Mom was 53 or 54 but she turned 52. Wow mom your so young. Crazy to think that you have all your kids out of the house and 13 grand kids. If I had time I would list 52 things I love about you but I dont so I will list 7. That would be the numbers in your age added.
1. She can cook with the best of them, and willingly does it every Sunday regardless of how many people are there.
2. She is one of the hardest workers I know.
3. She is always willing to watch her grand kids and constantly wants to spend time with them.
4. She knows every funny, silly song there is and teaches them all to the kids. Then takes pride in it when they can all sing them to and with her.
5. She is always a voice of reason and will tell it like it is. I can always count on a honest answer from her. Even if its not one I always want to hear.
6. She is a very motivated and always righteous person. I have always known mom to be on her knees praying and reading and through this is an amazingly strong person. She taught us kids well and most importantly always lived what she taught.
7. Is my best friend and an example that I strive to be like. She has always loved me and been Christlike towards me. I could not ask for a better example of what I pray to be like someday.
I love you mom and we are all so blessed to have you. Thanks for all you are constantly doing and giving. I hope you had a great day!!!!!

3 comments:

Michelle Randall said...

Nice picture of me...I look retarded! I guess that's typical. I'm not a real photogenic person.

Maranda Whittle said...

Hey Laura, I don't know if you remember me, my maiden name is Arrington. We were in the same ward growing up. You have such a cute family! And please tell your mom Hi for me. She was my Merry Miss(achievement day)teacher long ago! That's actually my calling now! I remember she use to make the best homemade rolls!

Summer said...

What a nice tribute to your mom. Those characteristics are so true!! She is such a great mom!!