Saturday, April 12, 2008

Brooks Baptism

Brooklyn was baptised today at noon with her best friend Madison Lamb. It was such a neat experience for me. Her dad baptised her and then Chad was able to confirm her. She was a little nervous but that seemed to fade when she realized how many family members and friends were there to support her. She looked so pretty in her dress and was glowing. I am so glad that she wanted to be baptised and knows that it is the right thing to do. I asked her why she thought it was important and she told me because Jesus did and she wants to follow his example. I know that she really is starting to understand gospel principles and enjoys learning about them. She and Madison sang the song, If the Savior Stood Beside Me. It was the cutest thing ever. B asked my dad to give the talk on the Holy Ghost and as always he did amazing. I am so blessed to have B as my daughter! I love her so much and appreciate her.

After the baptism we came back to our house and had a lunch with everyone to celebrate the big day and also her Bday. We had way to much food but it all turned out really good. Thanks to everyone who helped me out. I know I always say this but we are so lucky to have the families that we do! Brooks scored big time. She told me tonight that she is rich now. It was a fun and exciting day. Thank you, Thank you for being a part of it with us. Most importantly thank you B for making the right choices. Mom and Dad are proud of you!

This weekend has made me feel old. Scary!!! I have a daughter who got baptised which sometimes feels like it was just yesterday that I did. Last I hung out with a bunch of 80s rockers with big bangs and feathered hair dos and loved every minute. Thats ok I have a good 9 years before Im caught up to my husband :) What I have concluded though is that getting older is far more rewarding than being young. It actually feels good!

8 comments:

the cummard family said...

I am so glad we were able to come to B's baptism and be a part of that. We are so happy of that decision she made. She really was glowing!

Again, sorry about Thursday-I really totally forgot to call. Can we come play this week sometime?

Hess Fam said...

I seriously can't believe you have an 8 year old. Tell Brooklyn I say CONGRATULATIONS! I wish I could have been there. She looks beautiful as always. That's neat that Chad was able to confirm her. I was also confirmed by my step-dad and it was special to me. Congrats.

Scott, Tiff, Talon, Tylie & Tyce said...

CRAZY BANANAS that you have an 8 year old! What a wonderous decision that Brooklyn made to be baptised! Super fun!

Marquita said...

Laura, I can't believe you have a daugther old enough to get baptized. Time flies sooo fast. Email me at ketalcs@hotmail.com and I'll send you an invite to my blog. You've got such cute kids!

Summer said...

Thanks for having us. Brooks is such a GREAT girl! She really has a sweet heart - and is so cute! We had a lot of fun!!

Ashlee Draper said...

Laura! I can't believe she is getting baptized!!! She is adorable - and you are right, we are getting old! It seems like only yesterday, we were getting baptized at almost the same time. How cool that your daughter has a best friend that has a birthday at the same time too!

Deanne said...

I can't believe your baby is 8. That is crazy. I still feel like i'm 21 and forget that i'm old and not young and cool anymore. Looks like a fun day for her!

K Bailey said...

Laura-can you get into my blog? Or did I "invite" you with the wrong email address?