Saturday, February 21, 2009

Happy 30th Bday Sis

It started in California in our humble abode,
You became my big sister, you were in for a long hard road,
I remember you loving me even when I was small,
You were kind and patient and began lifting me when Id fall,
As we grew older, oh those bed sharing days
I started to annoy you in so many little sister ways
I needed you to warm my cold little feet at night
So they would wander and find your back warm to my delight,
I cherish the memories the fighting, the unfair games played
Whatever Laura touches is stinky and shes always it, that's just the way it was made
Growing up beside you, having an amazing sister and a best friend
Leaves me knowing God loves me, your my angel here while on his lend,
You never wavered and were an example to me, so true
As I faltered and struggled your loving heart helped me through
I continue to watch your integrity and Christlike ways
Your ability to love me continues unphased
If I only become a fraction of the mother and sister, the wife that you are
I will walk away happy knowing that I have come that far
At times I have not been very easy to understand
Not once have you given up, continually you reach for my hand
He gave me you for a sister, I'm so grateful and blessed
He knew I would need you to carry me through, so he sent one of his best
I love you Michelle you have always amazed me through and through
I can not imagine growing up with out being your little Lodie Lou
Oh how I wish we still had those little outfits. I still to this day love those things. I'm not sure if it was the buttons or just because I matched you.
I wanted to wish you a Happy Bday and tell you I love you. Thanks for being a perfect sister for me! You have more good qualities than just about anyone I know. There isn't anything that you aren't good at if you put your mind to it. How can one person be so smart, beautiful, athletic, fun, Christlike, loving, happy, great mom and wife, creative, and most important just genuinely have a great heart. You are awesome and I'm glad I grew up watching and seeing all that you are. I fall short always but continue to strive to be like you. I may need a few lifetimes to get there :)
David seriously if you read this, I'm glad you got some meat one those bones. I am not sure how you didnt snap those bird legs in half. I have laughed every time Ive seen this picture for the last 30 min.
Really mom did you have to let us wear bows the size of our heads?

Love you sissy!!!! I know this is a tad cheesy but its five AM and I am yet to make it to sleep. When Chad is out of town I cant find slumberville! Plus I felt like writing you a love poem:)

10 comments:

Michelle Randall said...

Thanks for the love poem! really, did you have to use the big booty pic? Was that really the size of my butt or was it just an optical illusion in the picture? :) I'm an so OLD!

Hess Fam said...

Happy Birthday Michelle. She really is such a neat gal.
And she is lucky to have you as a sister Lo. A very sweet post.

Kippy said...

So sweet Laura. I didn't know you were so poetic! I loved seeing all those old pictures. It brought back a lot of memories for me too! Happy Birthday Michelle, she really is a great person and sister.

karen cutchen said...

Great poem Lo. I'm glad I have you both. I am so thankful for my kids. When you're old like I am you begin to understand just how important family is. I means everything.

Amanda C said...

Cute poem. I am impressed of your creativity at 5am.

Julie Butler said...

I am so impressed with poem. Who knew you has such rhyming ability. Love you girl.

K Bailey said...

Wow Laura...great poem! I couldn't even do that in the normal day time with normal sleep! Very sweet!

The Cutchen Crew said...

I agree 100% I think Michelle is priceless. We are lucky to have her.

Summer said...

Am I the only one that cried while reading that!?!?! My kids want to know what's wrong. What a cute tribute Laura - and you are right, Chelle is the best!
Side note: picture of all of you - Brad still makes that same silly
smile...HA!

Ryan and Tenneal said...

Those pics are GREAT!