Sunday, February 15, 2009

I swear we BRUSH

We have been seeing a lot of the dentist lately. That really isn't unusual being that I have the worst teeth known to man. I have always had bad teeth and from an early age I can remember having the worst anxiety about having to go to the dentist. I love Dr. Wallin and all but man I do not enjoy having to have my teeth worked on. My poor kids have inherited my teeth as well as my love for sugar. I mean come on, water is just not that tasty. We always have juice for them to drink. I now realize that I am not helping their teeth issues. I took Tate for a cleaning because he was due and also he had been complaining about his tooth hurting. Dr. Wallin looked at his Xrays and figured I would be better off taking him to a pediatric dentist. So off we went to Dr. Johnsons office to figure out the best treatment plan for T. It came down to 4 root canals, 4 crowns and 4 fillings on the top. Nice huh, they kept saying we can tell he brushes because there is no plack, but all the juice has killed his teeth. So I scheduled for T to go in the following week for the procedure. They figured it was best to put him out, which I was happy to pay the 200 dollars for. He handled it like a champ and LOVES Dr. Johnson. His office is amazing and so much fun. I am hoping that he is set for many years now after all that work. Are these not the greatest looking teeth:) Nice and silver!
Here is was after we got home from having his work done. Ty was kicking him trying to wake him up. He was in and out for a good portion of the day.

I was glad to see that when he smiles normal, the bling is not seen. I'm hoping that we wont see the dentist till their next cleanings. Brooks by the way didn't have any work that needed to be done. That's a 1st for her. Usually she has multiple cavities. Her dental history is horrible too. 5 dentist appts in 2 weeks is more than I cared for. So keep on brushing kiddos and I am cutting back on the amount of juice they are allowed to drink.
Chad I'm sorry you have to pay for all of our dental mess! They poor guy was blind sided when we got married. I should have told him he needed to plan on paying as much for our dental bills as he does for electricity. That really isn't to far off from the truth. At least he doesn't have to worry about his own teeth, I don't even think he has ever had a cavity. Just wait until the ortho bills start coming in :) Good times!!

1 comment:

K Bailey said...

Oh I hear ya on the dental bills.....a couple of years ago Sydnee had three abcess at the same time....they all needed spacers and she had two fillings....and they had to put her out for it. $2000.00 later!!!! AAGGHH!