Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award

I had to laugh when I got the email from Jen telling me she nominated yours truly for this award. I guess because I don't think of myself as very Kreativ. Nonetheless I think it is truly thoughtful of her to pick me. Thanks Jen for even reading what goes on in this mad house we call home. Its wild and crazy and I wouldn't change a thing. I am supposed to state 7 things that I love and appreciate.

1. First and foremost I love my family. Not just my husband and children but both Chads family and mine are almost to good to be true. I don't know many who can say that honestly. We are fortunate to all be close in age and close in proximity. The closeness in age allows us to all be doing the same things. Our kids are all pretty close in ages and love to spend time with one another. I love my husband and children more than they know. I'm not always easy to love but they seem to not waiver. Thanks to them for making me truly happy.

2. I also love being a member of the LDS church. I do not always do everything perfectly as I have been taught, but I continually try! There is hope, love, forgiveness, guidance, peace and most importantly Eternity. How blessed I have been in my life to have a Savior who loves unconditionally. Without that knowledge life to me would feel hopeless.

3. I love the outdoors. I wait impatiently for the summers to roll around so we can swim and soak up the sun. With summer time comes amazing vacations, the beach, a tan and Lake Powell are on my mind for months. It also bring softball tournaments which are a favorite of mine as well. There are not to many things that can top being in Showlow for ball tourneys. I cant forget that playing softball is a love of mine also. Even when I cant hit the ball, like right now I still look forward to it every week.

4. I love living in the QC and having space around us to enjoy. Part of the outdoors in our family is riding quads, bikes, scooters and the rhino. Our location allows us those freedoms to do so in our own backyard. I feel safe and very content in our humble abode. Our ward and friends are exceptional and that makes it even better. I love as I am driving down the newly refurbished Ellsworth road that I can see green for miles and plenty of farm animals to boot. That does my heart good for some reason. Its the Snowflake coming out in me.

5. I love the nights when my house is quiet, I mean real quiet. I am able to have my time to veg or watch shows or read a good book. I am a much better mom when I have that peace at night. I suppose that is probably why I am never to bed before midnight. Its my time and I cherish it!!!

6. I cant get enough of a clean house. Lately I have started using liquid fabric softener and something about the smell makes me happy. Accomplishing tasks that have been daunting me for months make me feel like a million bucks. Getting rid of the clutter does my heart good. It is such a chore but when I am done the hard work pays off.

7. I love fresh air. I always want the windows open and the outside air blowing through the house. Even when I am driving I love to have the windows down. Its exhilarating! It reminds me of how blessed we are to have a free country to live in and also all that we are blessed to see, hear and smell. America is a wonderful place and I am proud to be an American.

So now I nominate 3 others for this award as well. They are Janae Burkinshaw, Michelle Randall and Julie Butler, maybe this will make her update her blog:)

2 comments:

Hess Fam said...

you little kreativ gal! of course you are!
I am LOVING your new family pictures. When did Brooklyn turn 16???

M and D Hiatt said...

Amazing blog Laura. It's so fun to read. You've got a great looking familiy! The little one cracks me up. She just looks like she's full of it!!