Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trunk or Treat

For some reason I really wasn't feeling the Halloween spirit this year. I have never been to huge on Halloween anyways, but I think this year I may have been more of a grinch. We did enjoy our ward party though and our kids had fun dressing up. Kim Crumb called and asked me if I would be wiling to bring chili. With the lack of skill in the cooking dept. I enlisted my sweet mother in law to make it for me. Ya i know I am lame and its not difficult to make but my name was attached to it and hers chili is fantastic. It was a hit and I appreciated her doing that. She even wrote down the ingredients in case people asked so I could act like I made it:) At the last minute Tate decided that he wanted to be a fire man like his uncle Ricky. I thought it was a dang cute costume and he had fun with the axe as you can imagine.

Brooks and Larken wanted to be the same thing so they decided on this cute witch costume. And well Ty didn't have much of a choice. I have saved all of Brooklyn's costumes so at least for now why Ty doesn't care she gets the hand downs. Chad and I didn't dress up but we had fun seeing all the others who did. This is Christa and Phil. I don't think I would have even recognized her had she not look the same as her husband. The funniest part about their characters was thy were passing out chicklets and the nasty suckers that can only be bought at select stores or south of the border.

This is Eric and Jen. He dressed as the love guru and her obviously a nun. I would have to say Jen looks pretty good in that outfit.
Wayne and Chea came as Troy Bolton and Gabriella. They set up a basketball hoop and had the HSM music blaring. Maybe next year Chad and I can not be so boring.

Randa looking like the angel that she is!

B had a blister about 5 minutes into the party and so she sat in the car and handed out candy. I think she had just as much fun doing that as she did the trick or treating part.

B was at her other house over Halloween so we decided not to go trick or treat on the actual day. We already had so much candy and Chad wanted to go to the QC football game. It was such a good game. Its fun when you sit with all the parents who are way enthused. They at least got to wear their costumes to the game and we took them to a couple of houses that didn't mind that it was 10 when we got there. Now the trick is trying to keep myself and the kids from eating the candy all day long. Now its on to the good holidays. I cant even believe its November and already time to get shopping and I cant wait!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

The Husted Handful said...

Your kids looks so cute in their costumes!