Sunday, February 3, 2008

Londons Run

Yesterday I had the opportunity to help out with Londons Run. I had London and the Solomon Family on my mind all week. We are blessed to be able to see their strength on a weekly basis. They are an amazing family who have been such a great example to us. We had not been in the ward very long when London died. We had the opportunity of attending her funeral and have been better people because we were there. The Solomon family have taken what could be the worst thing imaginable and made it a growing experience for all of those they are surrounded by. I sat up for hours one night last week and read all of the journal entries from London and her mom. When I finally went to bed Chad asked me if I was getting sick because I was sniffling so bad. So Sat morning at 615 we met at Schnepf Farms and helped the runners get registered. What a good experience for me!! Their were so many people there to help support the event. I was so excited to see the turn out. I ran into a friend of mine who I had not seen since junior high. She walked up to me and said" Laura is that you"? It was Carrie Knight who I was such good friends with all through elementary school. She told me that she had lost her little boy to cancer about 2 years ago. They have set up a foundation to help out in the hospitals for pain management for kids who are going through fighting cancer. Right after I walked away from her I bumped into Becky Bethea. She had just finished running and couldnt find her husband. It has only been a month since she lost her little boy. I dont know if it happened for a reason for her, but I know that as we cried and hugged things became alot clearer to me. I find it amazing that there are people who can be so strong in such huge trials. So as the week ended I have a bit of a different outlook. You just never know. So many people are dealing with struggles in their lives. I am grateful to have had these experiences because it has solidified in my mind how short life is and can be. I am determined to be better in every aspect of my life. It has been made clear to me that my kids need me more than doing hair. Being a mom is a privilege and I am excited for it to feel even more that way.
They had tons to do for the kids. Tate wanted some nice balloons painted on his face. Not a ball, balloons. Way to make your dad proud buddy. Oh ya and with sparkles.Here is our wonderful photographer Chea with Wayne and Taryn. We love these guys!We were there till about noon and then we came home and got busy riding on the track. We literally were outside from dark till dark. We went out that night with our friends Eric and Jennifer Lamb. We ate at PF Changs on Mill and then went to the Improv. I will have to say I have never been there and it was awesome. I have not laughed that hard ever. I had tears rolling down my face the entire time. The week was crazy but good. Im ready to be the mom of 2 sets of twins and an 8 year old. Michelle and Ricky are going to San Fran and I have their kids for the week. I am really excited to just play all week and not work. Tate can hardly stand himself because Avery is sleeping here 4 nights. Sorry this was forever long. I just wanted to get all my thoughts out.

4 comments:

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

sounds like a long but really fun weekend, but sad too. What did Becky say, I still havent heard how her little boy died..do they know> SOOO sad.

Summer said...

You make me tired just reading all that you did! I was barfing Saturday night - lucky me! Flu around this place again! Let us know if you want to meet at the park or something (hopefully the rain will stop) - or if you need us to take the kids for a while. Have fun!

Clay's gal said...

I can't see to type because I keep crying after having read your post.So if there is misspelled words forgive me! Clay & I both grew up in Superstion Springs Ward. The Solomon's were in that ward for quite some time. I helped Ali Belnap (who lived right across the street from them) babysitt thier little boys many times. This was before London was born. I was heart broken for them when I heard. I can't imagine the pain they went threw and go threw on a daily basis. I knew about Carrie's little boy but I had not heard about Becky's. She will definitley be in our prayers. It makes me so greatful for every second I have with my family. Even on the hard days!Thanks for sharing that. It was a great reminder to make everyday count!

Fernandez Family said...

What an eye opener it really does make someone stop and be grateful for their own trials when you hear about how a mother or father has to deal with loosing a child. Sounds like an emotional weekend.

I am sad you are not doing hair anymore but I do agree with you on how much our kids need us and it sounds like Tate is really voicing that one to you. That track looks like fun we'll have to come check it out.