Monday, January 28, 2008

Bye Bye Hair

B has got the best hair ever. From the time she was little it has been this pretty golden blond color. We have had it long most of her life for lots of reasons. Probably the main one is its just so easy to put up for school. Another one is her dad has always told her that he loves her hair long. Every time I ask her if we can trim it she says" nope I want it long, my dad likes it that way ". Anyways I cut all the boys hair yesterday and she asked then for a haircut. We ran out of time but she asked again tonight. I asked her what she was hoping for and she told me alot shorter than what she had. We got the OK from her dad and off it went. I love her long hair but do not love to try and brush it out. I love what we came up with. She is getting old and grown up way to quickly. Here are the before and after pics in chronological order. She was so excited the entire time and was rather wiggly. She kept saying oh thats good, or no one will notice if that side is shorter. I dont think she knew we were in for a 30 min. must hold still session. She managed to hold back the wiggles long enough so I could finish.
Ok she looks even more like a 15 year old now. I know that I am biased but Im not sure they get any cuter than this girl. Brooks- I love you more than you will ever know! I am so happy that you are a part of my life. You have brought me more happiness in almost 8 years than I knew possible. I love that you are so self motivated towards you school work. I appreciate you typically keeping your room clean. B wont even sleep in her bed because she wants it made, so she lays on top with a blanket. Im not sure she gets her anal side from me but I am greatful for it. I cant beleive she is almost 8 and getting baptised already. Crazy!!!!!! I feel really old!
I love you B. Thanks for being my big helper and great big sissy.

11 comments:

Michelle Randall said...

She looks so cute! I love the face at the end. You can tell she knows that she looks adorable.

The Cutchen Crew said...

It looks great Brooks. Aunt Staci would kill for hair like yours. Your lucky to have a mommy who is such a good hair dresser. Love YA!

Julie Butler said...

Her hair looks great! What a lucky girl to have a mom with such talent. I love the new do and I am also very glad Brooklyn came into our life because that means we got her mom also. Love ya lots!

Summer said...

I LOVE IT! Her hair looks so cute. I can't believe how big she is getting...almost 8 - WOW! The cut looks perfect - of course - that's what I expect from such a talented mommy! I am ready to say goodbye to mine! Thanks for the inspiration Brooklyn - It's fabulous!

Melinda said...

Way cute haircut!! It does make her look more grown up. She looks beautiful! Melinda~

K Bailey said...

So CUTE!!!

Kippy said...

Adorable!! Brooklyn and the hair!

Hess Fam said...

Okay, that girl is to die for! Cutest cut on her and she does look 20! Keep those 2nd grade boys away from that girl!

the cummard family said...

OH MY GOSH B! That is adorable! She really does look SO old! How convenient and lucky she is to have a "live in" hair stylist! As you've probably seen....I buzzed Cons hair-so those "fading" lessons aren't needed...for now.

Blogged it, emailed it...now commenting it. ANOTHER BEAD PARTY-just for you...and many others. Hope you and B can come!

Clay's gal said...

Your little girl is so cute.Long or short!I'm trying to build up some courage to cut my soon. Yikes! The only time I've had short hair was when I was pregnant with my first. I cryed! But, I think that's because I was prego!
Love the family Pic!

kemptons said...

I haven't seen or talked to you since your son was still a baby, not even walking yet. I can't believe how darn adorable ALL your kids are. Brooklyn seriously looks so big. She looks way older than Katon does. She is absolutely beautiful. I still think you are the best hair dresser in the world even though it has been a long time.
Jenny Kempton