Sunday, November 11, 2007

Happy Bday Dad


This week has been busy but nothing amazing to speak of. It was a good weekend though. On Friday night we went to Outback for dads birthday dinner without kids. As much as we love you guys it gets a tad crazy with all of us so it was nice for a change to be kidless. The bad part is I cant even remember how old Dad is I think its 52. After dinner we went back to mom and dads house and took a trip down memory lane. We were all laughing so hard, Brad is always a crack up. Thanks for the fun night family. I am blessed to have the parents and siblings that I do. They are all such good examples to me in so many different ways. I dont know to any other families where everyone including the in laws are friends and like to be together. Brad and Summer rode the bike so I had to include a picture of the biker babe in leather. David and Staci were there Im not sure why I didnt get a picture of them. Dad I just wanted to say thanks for being the greatest dad and grandpa there is. You are constantly making us laugh and entertaining the kids. We love you and appreciate all you so for our family.


Saturday we did the usual. Brooks and I cleaned and Chad and Tate worked on the outside chores. Brooklyn is the best helper around our house. She has been so good at keeping up with her chores, which include the emptying the dishwasher and her room. Plus she is usually the one to clean the toy room, which is worth a day and half of chores because typically we cant walk in there. Tylee did pitch in by undoing most everything I had cleaned. It kind of makes for a long day. Chad went to youth conference at 11ish and I cleaned for a few more hours. We took the kids to see the Bee Movie. I thought it was funny but maybe not as good as I was expecting. Not sure why we even entertained the idea that Ty would sit through it. The girl has more energy that any 2 or 3 kids. She lasted 15 min and then she and Chad went shopping. I guess I got the good end of the deal I got to enjoy the rest of the movie and I got some new perfume out of it. Thanks Chad, you know how much I love good smelling stuff. About as much as you do. Other than my dad I do not know any man with more cologne. When it was over we walked the mall a little and then got some dinner. The new San Tan mall is pretty cool. We got home about 9 and it felt like midnight. I swear I am an old lady. It was a fun night though. Thanks Chad for taking the kids and I out for dinner and a movie. We all had a good night.

6 comments:

K Bailey said...

We took the kids to that movie too...and I agree, it wasn't fantastic.

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

looks like a fun weekend, and why am I not surprised that Summer has all the "gear" to look good on a bike??!! :)

Summer said...

I have to say it was a FUN night! I think someone else needs to get a bike...hint hint! I am not sure that I fit the "biker babe" mold but I do say that my faux leather Target special jacket sure did the trick! GOT TO LOVE THE GET UP! That's my favorite part :) Wait till you see my cute new helmet that's on its way!!

Michelle Randall said...

Why do I allow other people to take pics of me? I may be turning into camera shy like our mother, but I hate every picture I see lately. probably something to do with my flab!

Chad and Laura said...

Michelle you are so gay. You dont have flab, its more like fab and you look great in that pic. Im am not sure what you see but obviously not what I do because I think you look and are beautiful.

Mike and Karen said...

My birthday night out with all the kids at Outback was GREAT! I really enjoyed spending time with each of you and just talking and having fun. Your mom and I are so grateful for each of you and your wonderful families. Like Laura says we are truly blessed to have kids and spouses that really do enjoy each others company and like spending time together. Thanks to all of you for a great birthday and for the birthday gifts!

PS: Lo, don't try to make me older than I really am. It was my 51st birthday, not 52. I am now old like your mother. :-) LOL