Thursday, March 4, 2010

Tate is 6

I can not believe that my little boy is 6 already. He is growing up so fast and as fun as it is to see him grow and develop his personality, I am sad. It has been a big year for Tate starting school. It was a rough start but he now loves to go to school. He is a social bug and has made some great friends in his class. He does so well and has learned so much. He seems to enjoy learning and being able to do his school work on his own. He lights up every time he realizes that he can sound anything out and read. He is still a million miles a minute but he has lost his mischievous side, thank goodness. I can always count on Tate to be honest and thoughtful. He amazes me because he actually thinks before acting. He is really good at analyizing the outcome of his actions and then making his choices based on what he knows will be. I am so blessed to be his mom! He brings me joy every single day, what more could I ask for in a son. Here are 6 things that describe Tate other than the fact that he is so handsome:)

1. Tate asks more ?s in a day than any 10 kids combined. He does not like to be told " I don't know " and will press the issue until I have given him an answer he can understand.
2. He is very thoughtful of those around him. Especially me:) The other day we went to pick Chea up for a photo shoot. Without me saying anything he jumped out to open the car door for her, and then let her get in and closed it. I was so impressed!

3. Tate is as rough and tough as a kid can come on the outside, but he is sweet and tender on the inside. He is very empathetic towards all and is a sweetheart.

4. He has some issues with being a tad OCD. He is very particular about his clothes and shoes. Not to mention the way his hair is combed. Without fail he washes his hands, brushes teeth, wipes up any drips on the toilet seat etc.. I could go on all day about him being anal. It sure makes things a lot easier on me for the most part.

5. Tate is such a good eater and will try anything. He does eat sweets but is just as happy to have an apple. He brought a ton of candy home from his Vday party and was concerned he would have to eat it all. I had to laugh because I know if it were mine it would have been eaten within the hour.

6. He is very coordinated and picks up on just about everything he tries. If in the beginning its not easy he practices until it gets that way. With his ability to do things well he is very cautious and makes sure to keep within his comfort zone. I appreciate this quality so much. I know as we ride quads or bikes that he is aware of the surroundings and is cautious.

Buddy, I love you so much and have a blast being your mom. I am so excited to see you learn and grow in ways that are so pleasing. You are adored by all and its not hard to see why!

No comments: