Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rocky Point

This last weekend for moms bday she wanted everyone to go down to Rocky Point. Seems to me that was more of a gift for us than for her. Unfortunately David and Staci were not able to come and we surely missed them. Honestly Karls condo is phenomenal. I cant even describe how amazing the place is. It is 5000 ft. and first class all the way. There are 5 rooms all equipped with their own bathrooms. It is on the corner of the building and so the view from the main room and kitchen are stunning. You can see the ocean every way you look. Enough of how amazing his place is but its hard to believe your in Mexico when staying in a place so nice. Here are the kids waiting not so patiently to get down to business. We go there about 3 on Friday afternoon and they could hardly wait for us to un pack so we could get out to the pools.This was the room Chad and I stayed in. The bed was so comfy and it was even more perfect because it was the only room without a balcony. If it were just Chad and I we would have loved to have one but with Ty and Tate it would have made me to nervous. She is an escape artist, locked doors do not stop her!! Every room has a big plasma TV in it and Chad was stoked to be able to not miss to many of the games. He may have gone through withdrawls if we didn't have that available :) B loves the beach and always has. She didn't even flinch with the water being chilly and was in heaven riding the waves. It was so fun to see her in her element. It was plain to see as her smile was ear to ear that she was loving it. Ty was not so sure about the water and the waves made her nervous. She would start to walk out there and then a wave would come and she would scream and run back. I'm sure she had just as much fun digging in the sand and making castles. After we got cold at the beach we would head up to the pools which are heated. They all had so much fun and we played hard from morning till evening every day.

Brooklyn was so sweet to the younger girls and played alot with them. They just adore her and want to hang out with her all the time. The lazy river was a tad chilly but she was more than willing to put them on the raft and watch after them.



Chad pontificating what he should order for lunch.


I snuck a picture of dad taking a nap. I think the kids wore him out. He was so good about staying back at house when the babies needed to take naps. He is such a good Gpa and loves his grand kids so much. We are fortunate to have a grandpa that is head over heels for his grand kids. Yes my mom was also on this trip but she doesn't love pics so I didn't get many with her in them. She is a fish just like the kids and loves to have her kids to swim with her.

Ty was sick of me taking pictures and this is the face I got more than half the trip when I said say cheese. She honestly makes me laugh with all of her spunk.

B collected so many sea shells and washed them multiple times. She and Chad went out on a walk on Sunday morning and came home with the biggest shell I have ever seen. She ended up dropping it on the kitchen floor and it broke. For the most part I was able to salvage it with a liltte super glue.

The kids were wiped out every night and slept quite well. With the kids going to bed early the adults spent many hours playing games. The doors out to the balcony slide entirely open and so we enjoyed playing games and listening to the waves. Seriously does it get much better?




This was on Monday right before we left. I wasn't ready to leave yet. The beach and swimming along with awesome weather made for a perfect vacation for me. They kids had a blast and I was so happy to escape the daily grind for a few days. I was so glad that our cell phones didn't work. When you are down there it forces you to relax. We just swam and played until our hearts were content. It was so good for me to spend time With Chad and the kids without feeling like I have a million things that I needed to get done. Thanks Mom and Dad for setting the trip up. You guys are the worlds best grandparents and our kids are so fortunate to have you both. As always mom made sure we ate great food and we didn't go hungry. Ricky and Chad also cooked quite a bit. I love spending time with family and I love that the kids are each others best friends. Just another one of my many blessings I have to be grateful for!

4 comments:

Scott, Tiff, Talon, Tylie & Tyce said...

So much fun! You better not've brought the swine flu home with you we are so NOT friends any more! Bwahahaha!

the cummard family said...

one of my favorite places! where did you stay? my parents have a condo in Sonora Sea. We should all go sometime....couples trip!

Unknown said...

Oh man, that sounds so dreamy right about now. Glad you had a great time.

Leigh said...

Sorry Laura, this is Leigh Stapley. That previous comment was mine. I don't know why I was signed in as "Debra." Maybe it is one of Tommy's girlfriends?? :)