Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy 9 Years B

It has been an amazing and joyous 9 years with Brooklyn. From the moment I saw her I loved her more than anything I knew possible. She was huge and I was just so glad to be holding her in my arms and not feeling her karate on my ribs. At 10 lbs and 23in. I was stuffed to the max literally. I remember not minding being up all night because I was so in love with her. I loved her all to myself at night. We lived at my parents and she had lots of people fighting to love on her. The nights were ours to take it all in and enjoy each other. I remember giving her baths and the rubbing lotion all over her. Then I would hold her and just enjoy the clean smell. Even today that's one of my favorite scents.
Honestly- those cheeks were amazing. She was perfect except for the cone which I am not going to lie made me a bit nervous. I was assured it would be gone within 24 hours and it was. I took the most angelic gift I had ever received home with me and am a better person for the blessing of being her mom.
This is mostly how I remember B as a baby. So alert and happy! She never wanted for attention as you can see in this picture, this was typical. She was my constant, the one thing that always made me happy. I remember feeling like I had a best friend with me all the time. I loved taking her with me everywhere and hearing people tell me how adorable my perfect baby was. She never cried unless there was a need and was just plain happy.

This is B on her 2nd birthday. I still have that dress and Ty wears it now. I was so glad her hair started to grow and was curly. It didn't last long but we had fun with it while it did. She was such a quick learner and her developments came early. She walked the day she turned 10 months. Her vocabulary was quite extensive by the time she was 2.
Here she is just barely 3 now. I loved having her with me on this special day in my life. There was a certain completeness about that day that I cherish. I felt a happiness like nothing I had quite felt. I remember the extreme gratitude that I felt on that day! I have my Savior to thank for all of my many blessings. Especially the one on my lap!
There has never been a time when she hasn't grown like a weed. She has always been taller than just about everyone her age. As far as I am concerned she was way cuter than everyone her age to:) Not a day has gone by that I haven't felt proud of her. She continues to make me proud of everyday. B is such an overachiever. I love that quality about her, without a ton of prodding she excels. Simply because she wants to try her best at everything. B- you are beautiful, smart, witty, sassy, sweet, caring and a great friend. Everyone loves you and thinks you are amazing. You are one of my very best friends and have been from the moment you came to be my daughter. I thank Heavenly Father daily for you. Happy Bday and I hope you had a fun week. There have been 2 parties and cupcakes and balloons at school. Thursday she choose the breakfast of her choice and is still milking being 9:) WE LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU KNOW!!!!!!!

Now with all that said, I can not believe I have a 9 year old. Makes you realize just how important it is to cherish every moment because they are gone so quickly. I'm recommitting to do just that. As a mom it easy to get so busy with all that is expected of me and not see all of the little joys in our everyday. So I'm taking a deep breath, slowing down the pace and smelling the roses!!!!!

4 comments:

The Cutchen Crew said...

Time does fly. Happy Bday Brooks. We love you and are so proud of the beautiful you are. Thanks for always setting such a good example to your cousins. Trey and Tori adore you.

K Bailey said...

Sweet post Laura! And I completely agree about slowing down and trying to enjoy and remember more!

Scott, Tiff, Talon, Tylie & Tyce said...

What a great post Laura, she's beautiful! You always have to be extra thankful for the first born b/c they are the ones that made you a mommy.

karen cutchen said...

Brooklyn girl,
What can I say but wow. I can hardly believe you are nine. It seems like yesterday when you made us grandparents. We love you more that life. You are such a special young lady with talents galore. We are so proud of you and are go glad that you are a part of our family. Don't ever forget how much your grandparents love you.