Sunday, December 23, 2007

Caution this is really long!!!!!!

This week Brooks had a lot going on at school. Nothing all to productive, but fun for her nonetheless. She did not go to school on Mon. due to the garbage we are all dealing with as moms. Coughing all night, fevers for no reason, hives, chapped skin, headaches etc.... My kids are having a rough go this month. Tues she had her class presentation. It was very well practiced and turned out great. My camera on the other hand was not so great. I need a new one anyway, its been on the fritz. Brooks memorized her part perfect. She had to dress up in something that resembled Mexico. Thanks to Amber she looked great.Softball started back up on Tues. which was exciting for me. Ya I know Im lame, but I look forward to it. I will have to say the first game was fine the 2nd game was freezing. Wed I worked while Kristine babysat for me. Thank goodness for her, my kids love when her and Ky come to play. I love it to because I actually run on time. I managed to work 14.5 hours on Wed!Thurs B had a fashion show at school. It was so funny all the kids got up there and did the strut. I didnt get any good pics of her just pics of her 2 biggest fans.
I think Ty was trying to ask "Are we done yet"?

I had to leave there to get back to Tates pre school party. He is so funny and had been telling his teacher that he would not wear his PJs to school. I asked him why and he said thats weird. Mrs. Tracy managed to talk him into it and he had a good time. Thurs was an awesome day. Wed was my last day of work for a while so we have been able to enjoy Christmas festivities and handing out treats and what not. Thanks to Kierstin Pennington for making such yummy treats for us to hand out. I really am almost as good as Bettty Crocker. Just ask Chad I cook like you cant believe!!! It was nice to not have the stress though! Fri B stayed home from school since they werent doing anything. She played once again with Madison Lamb for a while till we had to head into the movies. We went and saw National Treasure for Cadens bday. The entire fam went and we had a blast. I left Ty with my mom this time since the last time didnt work out to well. Tate was difficult enough to keep quiet. The movie was really good. Brooks stayed the night at my parents with Trey and Tori. Mom is such a good grandma and enjoys having her grandkids around. As soon as the movie was over I dropped her off.Yes I know that Tate is a cheeseball, but at least he lets me take pics nonstop!On Sat afternoon we went to the Hiatt Family Party. There are a million of us and it was a little chaotic, but fun. It was good to see everyone and continue on with tradition even as we are outgrowing the house. Before long we are going to have to start doing things at a church building! We did the regular eat, pinata, nativity scene and visit from Santa. When they asked Tate what part he wanted to do for the nativity he said he wanted to be a race car. Not sure he is quite grasping the idea of it all. The told him he was a power ranger so he would wear the head wrap and the robe. When it came time for the sheppards to come out he was no where to be found! I found him sliding head first down the stairs. Here is Brooks being an angel. Im not sure it that one really fits for her or not. ;)


Phil and Karl are the greatest uncles ever. They look so much alike to me.

The 2 that started it all. What amazing examples of love gma and gpa have showed us all. Thats for teaching us the importance of life. We love you!!

Gramps doing his thing. I dont ever remember a Christmas without this happening.

Ya I know this is mean but I had to do it. She will laugh about it later, for now she may still be scarred!

Mimi and Grandpa Ed always make a point to come by and say hello to everyone.

Thanks for being such great grandparents! The kids are so blessed and lucky!

This is the line for the pinata. The kids were a tad ancy after waiting forever to get a turn.

All in all we had fun and enjoyed our family time. I am blessed with not just an amazing immediate family but also extended family. Gma and Gpa instilled in our parents how to be good people and have continued to encourage us as grand kids and then our kids to do the same. Its not always an easy task to keep a family of this size close and headed in the right direction. I thank them for always caring, loving and blessing our lives. They are the most righteous people I know and I pray to some day be as good as they are!!!!

No comments: