Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas Day

Christmas Day always goes pretty smooth for us. My family does morning breakfast and Chads does dinner. Its nice to not have conflicting schedules with the families. We got up about 7 and got started. Brooks had already been in there when I got up. I thought she knew when you wake up your supposed to wake up your parents first. Maybe she didnt know because in all the other years I have to drag her out of bed to open presents. What can I say they like their sleep, like their mom. As the kids are getting older Christmas seems to be getting more fun. Brooks got the ipod she wanted from Santa and a beach cruiser from us. Tate got a train table from Santa and a tool bench from us. Ty got a rocking horse from Santa and a little quad from us. Chad and I did the "we are not buying each other gifts this year," it didnt quite work out that way. It never will with Chad, he goes over board. It was fun to finally be surprised. This was the first year we waited till Christmas to give each other gifts. I think these should have been in Chads stocking not mine!!!!!!! We headed to mom and dads for some more gift giving. My parents gave us all 72 hour kits. along with other things for the kids. I am happy that my parents want us prepared since the Cummards arent doing it on their own. Mom is good about always coming up with things that are beneficial for years to come not just for the here and now. Thanks mom and dad!!! We love you and know as the family grows, its not getting easier. Speaking of growing - SUM and BRAD are going to have another baby. Im very excited!! Im ready for the babies to start coming as long as they arent mine. Lets pray its a boy, for Brads sake:) Breakfast was great as always, and I think always is the key word. Mom has done this same breakfast forever. Thanks everyone for everything. Brooks made Tori a necklace and she was so excited to give it to her!
Arent they both glowing with excitement about being preg!!From there Brooks left to go to Pine to be with Ambers family. We headed home and I think I took a much needed nap while Chad worked on putting all of Tates toys together. He wanted everything together right then. Chad was rather patient about it and had a good time working with Tate. Everytime Chad needed a screwdriver Tate would say" here dad I have one". He is such a boy thank goodness. I dont know what his dad would do if he wasnt that way.

We headed to Cummards at 5 for dinner. It was great as always. Sandi does mexican food every year. Brooks got there about 6 or so and we had just started opening gifts. Tate was so excited he got his very own cowboy hat. I think he thinks he is going to rope when he gets older. Papa, he may need some assistance with that. Im not sure his dad or I could teach him anything of any worth in that area! The adult kids played the normal white elephant game. I ended up with the greatest gift ever. Sorry Amber for taking from you. Its the softest hot pink robe. I think Jace said,"now Laura will never get dressed" and I think he may have been onto something.
The girls had so much fun together making up dances and performing them.
We got mom and dad a grill and mat they were wanting for their new horse trailer. We had an awesome Christmas. It helps when we have 2 great families to spend it with.

No comments: