Monday, December 31, 2007

The Dunes AGAIN

We headed down to the dunes on Thurs morning at 6. We got down there and riding by lunchtime. We had all the space we wanted to set up camp so that was nice. The crowds poured in on Fri and even more on Sat. We had a blast, it was the Butlers, Ortegas and us. For us that group works out perfect. We all have kids and so it makes it nice. We could not have asked for better weather. It was chilly but as long as we bundled up we were perfect. It makes the biggest difference when there is not much wind. We rode all day long for 3 days. We look like we are dressed for the snow!!!! Fri morning we went out and were riding and I rolled the rhino. I had Tate, Brecken, Tylee and myself in it. Brecken thought it was fun. He said " that was like Dinico on cars". Tate was scared out of his mind and I think that is what scared Ty. As soon as we stopped rolling we realized no one was hurt and it did minimal damage to the rhino. We had some people help us get it back up on its wheels and the men went to work. It took the back tire off of the wheel. So with a compressor and some water and vaseline they got it back on and sealed on the bead. I had no problems with it at all the rest of the weekend which was nice. I was nervous it would have problems after. The flag didnt even break!!!! Well it is a little bent but still served its purpose. Thank goodness for good seatbelts in the back seat and Ty being buckled in her car seat. I know that it could have been alot worse and that our prayers were answered. It was kind of a good teaching experience for me to talk to Tate about praying.
My reaction was to put my leg out, like that was going to stop it or something. All the times that it rolled I never even felt my leg be touched. Kind of crazy because it was underneath the bar that was supposed to keep my leg in.
Tate was so tired we got back to the hotel and he laid right back down and fell asleep. Chad put him on a blanket and took his shoes off. He didnt make a peep the entire night. If only Ty would have slept that well. I guess she takes naps at any given time throughout the day so she is not as tired at night. She loves to ride and never gets unhappy as long as we are going. She did pretty good at keeping goggles on this time.

Its always a nice sight for us as parents when the kid crashes since he goes full speed all day long!She was snug as a bug the entire time. She rides in comfort thats for sure!
Here are Brandon and Chad doing a little simultaneous jumping.
We are beat and ready to take a hot shower and get in bed.

We had a blast and enjoyed spending the time with good friends and family. Hopefully B can come with us next time. Im kind of glad she wasnt with us this time. She would have never wanted to ride with me again after rolling.

7 comments:

Scott, Tiff, Talon, Tylie & Tyce said...

I swear you guys would live at the Dunes if you could! I cannot believe you rolled the Rhino, I'd poo!!! Glad you guys had a good Christmas!!!

the cummard family said...

Happy New Year! We missed you at the little lunch the other day. We need to do it more often, and hopefully you'll be there next time!

Hess Fam said...

You are CRAZY! Remind me not to ever ride with you!

Chad and Laura said...

meg- I wasnt being crazy!! Really!

Lacee said...

Looks like you had fun at the dunes despite the rhino incident. I'm just glad that no one was hurt!! Anyways, I was so sad that you couldn't make it to our lunch party the other day. We'll have to plan another GNO but next time I'll make sure that you have nothing going on so that you can go.

Kippy said...

Yeah! Your not private anymore so I can see more of you :) Looks like you definitely had an exciting time at the dunes but we did miss you at lunch. I love seeing all your pics and family!

Ginger John said...

Oh my gosh. That's terrifying that you rolled. My little bro Daniel rolled our and I wanted to kick his butt. Glad it turned out alright-especially with all your little ones in there! Did you jump right back on :)