Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hawaii part 3


The funny part about this picture is it was take 2 of me trying to swing from a vine like Jane of the jungle. The first attempt ended with the vine ripping off the tree and me on my face in the dirt. So for my 2nd attempt I picked a much thicker vine and gave it a test run before I started swinging. Maybe you had to be there but I am laughing as I type this. Could I look any more pale standing next to Mrs. Hawaiian Tropic:)

I could not get past how lush and green everything is . It was so cool as I looked down over the edge of the road as we were driving along to just see all green tree tops. This bridge was so cool and had a beautiful stream that ran under it. It was even better because right across the street from it was a pineapple stand and for 2 bucks I had the best pineapple I had ever tasted.

The later into the week we decided to pack a little more into our days so that we would have the chance to see all that we wanted to. It worked out to our advantage that the Larson's had been to Maui before and knew the neat things to see. We went and found this blow hole that was really cool. I thought it was amazing how you could watch the wave roll in and then you hear the pressure build up and then shortly after water erupts out of the rock. Mother Earth is one amazing creation!

1 comment:

Jen and Steven said...

That looks like a fabulous vacation! Thanks for sharing fun photos and stories. :)