Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hoopes-McBride Halloween

We were invited to the Hoopes and McBride Annual Halloween Party. Typically I'm not a huge fan of dressing up and acting silly. It gives me anxiety to try and get a costume together that is not just lame. Since I was sick all week, this one was put together last minute but was easier than Ken and Barbie. So we went as Kenny Rogers and Dolly. I have to admit that it was actually fun to dress up and go to a party. I cant remember ever going to a costume party. We had a blast and laughed so hard our stomachs ached!Eric and Sharman Justin and Christina
Eric pretending he is Santa Claus and me thoroughly embarrassed!

Chad and Lisa

Chad and Eric getting down. So funny Eric danced the night away and most of that was alone. Chad decided to show him some moves:)

This skit was performed to perfection. I cant remember laughing this hard for a while. Both of them fit the part to a T.


Thanks again to Amanda for letting me borrow her amazing dress. Since the shoes were 3 sizes to small up at girls camp I figured I would get some that fit. I went to Payless thinking what are the chances and lo and behold. In my size I see some hot pink stilettos on clearance for 3 dollars. I think it was meant to be that I have some shoes of my own to go with this dress since it seems to be becoming a fav. Thanks Chad for being a good sport.

5 comments:

K Bailey said...

LOVE IT! Your "chest" is hilarious! Kevin and I were just saying how fun it would be to go to an adult Halloween costume party.

Hess Fam said...

You DID IT!!! Dolly...Barbie...it's all the same right. Good job on coming up with that Dolly/Kenny Combo. Hilarious.
I loved the kids costumes too. There is something so funny about a little girl in a wig. I can't wait for Collin to get excited about wearing a wig!

Jen and Steven said...

That looks like a super fun party! That's probably my favorite SNL skit ever, I can't believe someone was brave enough to try it. You two made a great Dolly and Kenny; nice job!

Amanda C said...

Love it Laura! Kenny is way better than Ken anyday. But you better get that dress back to me quick, I need it for date night tonight:) Looks like the party was rockin'... I've never been to a Halloween party where skits were performed. Did you and Chad do a duet together?

Leigh said...

Ok, whoever played Patrick Swayze and Chris Farley... I need to hire them to sing at Tommy's next birthday party!