Monday, November 9, 2009

Halloween Traditions

The week of Halloween I was down with a cold and some serious congestion most of the week. I had a migraine starting Monday which I had through Wed. By Thurs I had no choice but to get all the loose ends tied up for costumes. Our ward Trunk or Treat was Thurs night and I still needed a couple things for each kid and candy. I was able to get what had to be done taken care of and it all worked out just fine. Ty decided she wanted to be Jasmine months ago and it never wavered. B was with her dad on the actual day so we just did something easy for the ward party. Steph and Jen are always including us in the girls plans and I could not have been happier than when they informed me that they took care of getting B's costume made. Tate chose Indiana Jones and there was no changing his mind. I'm not sure he even knows who Indiana Jones is but he wanted the whip that came with the costume. I didn't get a pic of them together but all in all I thought their costumes turned out cute. Ty fell asleep for an hour before the party and she was quite the ice queen when I woke her up. She did finally get happier as the trick or treating started. I could not get over how much her dark wig changed her appearance! She kept telling me how beautiful she was and that she wants her hair like this from now on. Tate is always being a goof ball and making me laugh. He insisted on putting up his "Go Devils" sign for pics the entire night.
B and M were car hop girls that worked at Sonic. I thought it was a cute idea and B was so excited to wear her roller blades. She did wipe out numerous times but nothing to severe. She may need to practice staying on her feet though if she ever has a tray in hand:)
On Monday that same week while I was in bed certain me head was going to explode the Lambs had their pumpkin carving party. I was so bummed I was not able to make it. We had such a good time doing it last year and it was fun to see the kids in their excitement. Chad was a trooper and took the kids to brave carving 3 pumpkins with them. I sent the camera and got a few pics but I wont complain, I'm certain he had his hands full! Tate chose the headless horseman for his pumpkin. Tylees was Cinderella in a carriage and B did a way cute pumpkin. They all turned out great! I wish Id thought to take a picture of them on our porch. Owell right!!

Here is Ty seriously pontificating what she wanted to carve on hers. Honestly the girl has the funniest personality.
Tate has the look of perfect contentment on his face. He always does when he is with his dad. It does not matter what the activity entails whether its work or play, he is just happy to hang out with dad.
I would say from this face she is happy with the results of her pumpkin.
Thank you Lamb family for continuing on with this tradition. We love to spend good quality time with our friends. I am so grateful that Chad and I have friends who have similar desires and goals as we do. They love our kids and take the mayhem that comes with in stride. We are so blessed! I appreciate Chad so much and the dad that he is to our kids. They will never doubt where they stand with him. He constantly shows them how much he loves them and plays an extremely active role in their everyday. I am truly blessed to have a husband who is a man that takes pride in loving and caring for his family.

1 comment:

K Bailey said...

CUTE pictures....love all their costumes!