Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving







So I am a tad behind on posting. Its just been crazy of late and our computer is on the fritz. Business aside we had a great Thanksgiving. Chad parents were leaving to go out of town so we didn't do the norm and go to Kyles. Since it was the Cutchen on year we all just went to moms. The kids had tons of fun playing and we enjoyed just relaxing. This was the 1st time ever not having B on Thanksgiving and I really missed her. I found myself wondering if she knew how much I love her and am grateful to be her mom. I am so blessed to have 3 healthy children who bring me happiness and so much laughter. I am thankful to have a husband who is here and engaged in being an excellent husband and dad. I am grateful to have a husband "that could've bowed out gracefully but you didn't, you knew enough to leave well enough alone but you didnt" I can hardly hear the words to that Rascal Flatts song without crying. It is so fitting and I couldn't be more blessed to have you Chad. I am so fortunate to have a Heavenly Father who loves me through the good and the bad. I am so thankful for the Atonement. Heaven knows myself alone has put it to good use. I cant imagine life without the knowledge that we have and the comfort that knowledge gives. I'm blessed to have wonderful parents. Both mine and Chads parents are so loving and Christlike. Our kids couldn't be luckier to have them for grandparents. I feel blessed to live in a free country. Changes aside, we are so fortunate to have all that we do. We are so blessed to have such great families. Between our families and good friends we are so lucky to have wonderful people to surround ourselves with. I could go on and on but I am ignoring the kids at the moment which only leads to trouble. Bottom line is I feel so blessed to be where I am. Its not perfect and heaven knows a work in progress but, its far better than I could have ever imagined!!

5 comments:

Julie Butler said...

Gotta love all the Chevron cups at a Cutchen function. A family after my own heart. We do have lots to be thankful for. Though I had to wipe a tear off my cheek, I love to hear your sweet words about your family and your loving husband. We love you guys!

K Bailey said...

I also noticed all the big 44 oz cups on the Thanksgiving table....ha ha ha! LOVE IT. Sweet post Laura.

Kippy said...

This post reminds me of what I've always admired in you, your ability to see the big picture and your strong testimony! Love you!

Michelle Randall said...

Could you please find some uglier pictures of me and post them on your blog?! Oh wait, these are the worlds worst pictures of me. I am so NOT photogenic. Gag! Everyone else looks cute though. :)

the cummard family said...

um....your christmas card is the cutest thing i've ever seen. love it so much! thanks!