Monday, December 29, 2008

Once again we had an awesome Christmas. It seems to always be that way because we have such great families that we love to be around. This was supposed to be the pic of the kids in their Christmas jammies but B was doing her rendezvous with her other family so I didnt get them all together for the jammie pic.
Yes Boss now sleeps inside because I am a softy. The poor dog shivers at night so he has moved in. He really just goes to bed when I shut the lights off and I don't hear from him till about 8 or so. I think he is liking his new sleeping arrangements. He goes back out during the day though.
Christmas morning Ty was still trying to wake up. We didn't start gifts till 8 but my kids have my sleeping pattern and are night owls and then grumpy in the morning. I didn't take many photos, perhaps I was still half asleep myself :) Anyways we are so blessed and enjoyed our morning. Santa brought B a quad, Tate a new bike and Ty a scooter. Chad was so kind and got me a bat. Yes I know silly but I have been wanting a good bat for a while now. I also got some slippers, perfume and a gift card. I am spoiled that is for sure. I got Chad a Springfield pistol. He has been wanting a gun for a while so I decided to go for it. Like I said we are so fortunate and I couldn't ask for more. I appreciate all of Chads hard work to provide for us. Most importantly I appreciate the birth of the Savior. I appreciate his continual blessings poured upon our family. We headed to moms for the normal fantastic breakfast and the kids had fun doing more exchanging. Mom and dad got all of us pressure cookers and outdoor stoves. I love that they are helping us be more prepared. We love them so much and appreciate all of their love towards our families. I couldn't ask for better and everyday realized how blessed I am to have them as parents and grandparents to my kids.The evenings are devoted to some good old Mexican at the Cummard casa. Once again more exchange and over abundance, but nonetheless the kids loved it.
The Cummards had Tates name this year and gave him these bats straight from Louisville. They have his name engraved on them and all. He thought they were pretty neat and cant wait to put them up in his room.Ty was loving on the Cummards new shnoodle named Bella.I said it before and I will say it again I appreciate both of our families and the relationships we have. I feel blessed to have married into such a loving family. The kids have so many grandparents who adore them and set great examples for them. I love that my siblings and Chads are not just related but our friends. Thanks to all who made our day special. I couldn't ask for anything more, amazing families, health, shelter, food and most of all the plan of happiness, which is definitely that!!!!!!

5 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

I loved this post. I too am grateful for great families. I love how Linc's totally accepts me and makes me feel like a part of them. It sounds like you have that too. I'm jealous that you got a pressure cooker & an outdoor stove! That's awesome. I'm glad you had such a good Christmas!

Leigh said...

You have brown hair!! Beautiful. Glad your clan had a great Christmas. You have such a great looking family. Hope you're doing well. It would be great to see you again. We'll have to throw something together.

p.s. so glad you're not private anymore, I love peeking in now and then!

Anonymous said...

Dang Ty is a cutie! and i do love her hair

kristine said...

Merry Christmas cousins! I am so glad to read and see the delights in your life.. it does show how blessed you are. Happy New Year to you! One day we will get together and play.. Travis is still away but by end of summer we will have him home!! I remember the days Chad was always over to the Hammons and days like those were fun and treasured.. now we need to all make some more! All our love.. and best wishes!

The Burtons said...

Laura I am so glad you found my blog. Your family is so cute! We have something in common... involved grandparents for our kids. Isn't it awesome! I'm glad you had a great Christmas and that you are doing so well. How do you know Brandi? She was in my last ward and we served in YW together. I just love her!