Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Flight Deck Cafe






Yesterday morning we had someone come and clean our carpets so I thought "hey we can go to breakfast." We decided on the Flight Deck Cafe which is at the Gateway Airport. Its actually really good food. We saw alot of planes and helicopters coming and going while we ate. Ty would yell "look it" every time one would pass by. Any how as we were almost done Ty started to cry and was making a weird face. I knew she was getting ready to throw up. I cant think of anything worse for someone to have to see while they are trying to eat! I grabbed her and told B to stay put. I ran out of the restaurant and towards the restroom. 2 ft from the door she threw up everywhere. While I was glad it was not in the restaurant, we were so close to making it to the toilet. Which is nasty in and of itself especially because its public. After I managed to get it off of my feet and shoes I tried to clean it as best I could. I felt so bad for the lady who walked in and was dry heaving and also for the sweet lady who cleaned it up. She could tell I was stressing and told me to not even worry about it. She went and got all her supplies and did a much better job than I was. B kept Tate in a respectable manner, so I was told by a man who was eating a table away from us and caught the drift of what was going on. From there my day was steadily a stress mess. Who takes 3 kids school shopping and thinks its going to be a good experience?
I doubt I will do that again for quite some time. Who knows maybe it was just how the morning started that made the shopping so bad. We needless to say headed home and took naps. I love my job of being a mom but at times it takes all I can to not melt down. Thanks B you were an awesome help. I'm sorry that I'm not always the best at keeping an even temperament. I hope its a long time before I am cleaning barf off of any airport floor again :)

7 comments:

The Cash Family said...

ya i always ask myself why i take 3 girls shopping! and for some reason you have this idea it might be better the next time around! ha, ya right! gotta love being a mom.

Chad said...

You are a wonderful mom with more patience than I have. I appreciate all that you do for our family. I love you...

Jonnie said...

Cute Blog Laura Cutchen! It's Jonnie.. So glad I found you...It's fun to peak in on everyones happenings! Darling pics of your kiddos~love the polka-spotted dress. Totally want one :)

BrignBrett Duncan said...

Hay Hot Mama!!!! It's brig yay i found you!!! ahha k your fam is so cute!! well how fun now we can be good ol' bloggin friends!! isn't this whole bloggin world so funny!! you can seriously find EVERYONE on this darn thing!!!! good seeing you today sorry i got a lil obsessive there for a bit hahaha you know what i'm talkin bout! well keep in touch!

Blossom Salon said...

Hi Cummard Family,

I saw your blog and had to say Hi!! I knew Chad from forever ago. Your family is so dang cute. I want to do my girls baptism pics like your girls, they are so dang cute..what a cute idea.

Clay's gal said...

Hey Laura! I am going to make my blog private pretty soon...so leave me your e-mail if you want an invite!

I have had a similar experience like yours but it came from my little guys other end......if you know what I mean! It was a nightmare! Oh,the joys of motherhood!

Caryn said...

Can I tell you I just did a 'SHUT UP 'out loud. Flight Deck was Rusty's grandparents business for years and years, I worked there for like 4 years. SO funny. I didn't know people other than airport people actually ate there. Sadly since they sold it I haven't been back, but maybe I will have to now! How funny, thanks for bringing back some funny memories...