Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Tates a Bruiser




K everyone knows my little Tate is all boy. Seriously he bounces off the walls always. I was feeling pretty luck that we had made it 3 years and not had any serious injuries. I think that I jinxed us because in a matter of the last 6 weeks we have now had a broken elbow and stitches. He is one tuff cookie though and after the initial pain the cast and stitches dont seem to slow him down at all. He now has his cast off but was always worried about keeping it clean and dry. He would smell it multiple times a day and let me know that it was not stinky. He had the cast on for 5 weeks and was so good with it. It healed perfect and he seems to not be complaining to much of it being sore. We got home Sun. evening from the family reunion and Tate was out with Chad in the garage. The were working on getting his and Brooklyns bike tires aired up. They went next door to borrow the air compressor from the Kerbys. Next thing I knew Chad brought him in with Chads shirt wrapped around Tates hand. He set him on the counter and asked me how bad it was. It was one of those cuts where I was 100% sure he needed stitches. We wrapped it up and sent them on their way to Urgent Care. The same one we had just visited for his arm. Hopefully they dont think we are beating him. I had to wait a few minutes for Sonny and Sandi to come over and then I headed over there. When I got there they had just finished numbing it. Poor Chad and Tate were both in tears. Chad is so tender hearted towards Tate and I know that killed him to have to hold him down while they did that. So 6 stitches later we were out the door. Hopefully we are done for a while.

3 comments:

the cummard family said...

OH MY GOSH! Luckily we've only encountered stitches here at the Parker Cummard home. Little P has managed to stay stitch and cast free, but Quincy and Conway have both had 7+ stitches. Luckily we have a pediatrition in the family!!!

Summer said...

Got to love that TATE! He's such a good kid - a monkey - but a good boy!

Mike and Karen said...

He is definitely all boy. Wish I had some of his energy! Hopefully that will be it for broken bones and stitches, but unfortunately, I wouldnt bet on it.