Friday, July 3, 2009

LP 09

Once again Lake Powell was amazing! It was everything I could have asked for and more. It was truly relaxing, fun was had and great memories were made. I loved having B there with us this time. Ty stayed home with Aunt Am, Michelle and my parents. As much as I missed her I was able to relax and not feel the worry of having her there. Thanks to you guys for loving her and treating her kindly in our absence. Randa did not disappoint with theme nights. We had Hawaiian night, Mexican, Italian, Hollywood, Mardi Gras, Baseball Night and Western night. Decorations and costumes were all out and made it such a blast, not only for me but our kiddos. The food was awesome no thanks to the Cummard clan but we do our best to help out in other areas:) I wish I didn't bite at cooking but lucky for us Randa and Wayne and Chea rock in that dept.
Jared signing autographs on Hollywood night. Everyone strutted down the red carpet and Chad was doing the interviews. It was hilarious and the kids thought it was so fun. Wayne pointing to his fans, aka Chea:)Joelle looking stunning because she is. I love her hair color!!
Tate couldn't quite do the strut like the others. He tried but was a bit out of his comfort zone.
Enough about theme nights, there is a ton more to talk about. We did plenty of tubing, wake boarding, riding the wave runners, fishing, game playing, site seeing, dancing, laughing and just chilling on the boats. We continued on with the tradition of hiking Hole in the Rock and seeing Rainbow Bridge. I was glad we got to do them again so that B could see them. We also went to the Sand Hill this year. The talent show was full of fun and laughter as we watched our kids perform. Cletus did visit again this year and did not let anyone down. He sang a song from Phantom which was fantastic and passed out gifts to all the kids. Good Job Cletus!B had 2 talents, the first was singing and dancing to Eye of the Tiger. The second was some nice sounds she can make. I was laughing so hard and boy did she make me proud:)For the most part the trip consisted of taking it easy one way or another!
B spent a lot of time fishing. The boys were so kind and taught her how to fish since I am no good in that dept. She did end up catching 2 big fish and was elated! This was a picture I took as we were coming down Hole in the Rock. By this point we were all so hot I think we were running down so we could swim. The picture below is our family as we had just finished going up. We had a long ball contest which I thought was a blast. It was so funny to see the kids give it their best in one form or another. I cant say I hit to shabby but with the comp as fierce as it was I didn't finish so strong. I think Chad ended up winning this one! Go team CDC!

There are way to many pictures to post as you can see. I think I took somewhere close to 1000 pics. I was having fun enjoying my new toy. Since this post is already eternal I will close it out by saying how fortunate we are. We have such great friends who we can totally be ourselves around and have fun. It doesn't get any better than Lake Powell for me. I'm not sure who decided that Disneyland was the greatest place on earth because for me its definitely LP. Thanks Lambs and Larson's memories were made and we cherish the time we get to be with you guys. Till next year................

2 comments:

Jen and Steven said...

That looks like so much fun! I know Steven used to go there a lot when he lived in AZ and I've always wished I could go see Lake Powell. Your camera takes some great pics! I'm sure the camera user has something to do with that, too. :)

Hess Fam said...

Lake Powell really is a fav of mine. I keep telling Matthew that when we grow up I want to be a L.P. family. Hope it happens someday.