Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July

July 4Th was good as always. Chad had the day off on Friday and was able to golf and hang out with us at moms. I hurried to get to McDonald's by 1030 because I needed my egg McMuffin and large Dr. Pepper. I know great breakfast but as for now its works for me. We got to moms about 1045 and were able to catch them teeing off. So since I'm a dork with my new camera I took some photos. I had to laugh because Ty was yelling go daddy as he was in his back swing. I quieted her before Ricky hit his ball though. From the sounds of it I'm not sure her cheering really made it worse but Chad enjoyed getting out there with Ricky, Jared and Wayne. We were quick to get in the pool from there and swam till late in the evening. It was fun to have all the dads home to play with us. The kids enjoy having their dad around and love to play with him. Plus it allows for me to actually relax:)
Jared and Wayne were along for the fun as well. I think they were hiding behind the tree so Chad and Ricky didn't hit them!Martha Stuart, aka Michelle made these yummy treats and I had to document their perfection. They are cupcakes with a brownie in the middle to look like the hamburger. The fries are sugar cookies and then yummy frosting for the fixings. Seriously sis, your amazing and so creative. I know it was not your idea but I could not pull those off if I had to. I'm glad at least one of us got the creative gene. Your the worlds best Holly Homemaker:)On Saturday we were back at mom and dads for more swimming and eating. Its a good thing mom loves to swim since her grand kids are always up for it. We barbecued for dinner and then headed to Urrys for the annual firework show. As always there were plenty of yummy treats to eat and the company was even better. Its so cool to be right underneath the fireworks and to actually be able to feel them. I can never seem to get all of my kids smiling and looking at me so these pictures of them are just OK. Plus Ty still has not figured out how to smile on command. B and Ty were excited to wear their matching necklaces to the festivities. We made them for all the little girls and they were so stinking cute. Thanks again to Michelle's creativity!
I have to say that I am so grateful for the freedoms that we have in the United States! We are a fortunate country and have so much to be thankful for. We live in a world that has undoubtedly been created by the hand of God. Having just been at LP I am amazed by the beauty that surrounds us. The moon and stars have always fascinated me and they were amazing out on the lake. Its small and simple, but these things provide me with peace and joy. I appreciate the brave soldiers and their families who fight for our freedoms. It is a job that only one who is very courageous could do and that I would not want to have. So many sacrifices have gone into our being able to live the lives that we do. We are blessed beyond belief!

2 comments:

K Bailey said...

Hey.....you got a Rebel right? Buy the 50mm fixed lens. It's about $115. It takes really good pics....better than the kit lens it comes with.....and if you're not ready to spend $1000 on another lens-it's a good one. I really like mine.

Angie said...

When are you guys gonna make it down to Vegas on the 4th so the kids can let off their own fireworks?