Friday, June 5, 2009

Memorial Weekend

Team CDC- Jared and Ben Larson, Eric Hoopes, Chad and Reed Cummard, Rich Edwards, Wayne Lamb, David and Brad , and Willie and Keith Burton.This year we went to Show Low for the annual ball tourney. I must say that going up there for ball has been something that I have been a part of as far back as I can remember. Growing up I always had my Bday up there while my dad was playing. I love and cherish those memories and all the fun times we had watching my dad and friends play ball. I will admit that as Chad and I have been married the years we didn't go up, I missed it. Needless to say when Chad decided to put a team in I was stoked. What more could you ask for family, friends, good weather and playing ball. They compiled a pretty good team of family and friends. There were 4 sets of brothers which I thought was pretty cool. They all seemed to have fun and ended up taking 2ND. They were the only team with a cheer squad so loud people were really annoyed by us. We all had a blast and with as many kids as were there we made quite the ruckus. I had never before seen the wave done at a softball game. The kids made team shirt and were so into it. Honestly my hands were so sore from clapping. I loved every minute of it even if the opposing teams did not:) It was Wayne's bday on Sunday so we barbqued and celebrated with him. Chad was the official cook and I must say that my steak might have been one of the best ever. Wayne is one of the greatest people I know. He is more genuine and caring than just about anyone. He is always happy( well when he is not having a Walgreen's moment) I appreciate his friendship and how kind he is to our family. My kids love him and are always hugging on him. We are blessed to have such an amazing friend! Enough about that just documenting how fortunate we are to have great friends.I didn't believe Wayne could do a back bend so he proved me wrong. Very impressive.On Sunday Shane and Meredith invited us to come have dinner at their cabin. Can I just tell you it was like Thanksgiving. The options were many and I needed 2 plates. Jeff and Melissa Lee stayed with them and cooked up some good food. I think their were probably 50 of us there and it didn't seem like we even made a dent in the food. We had a blast just sitting around and talking. Its never dull with that crowd. Todd Garrett and his family were also there and he kept us laughing the entire time. Again we really are so fortunate to have such great friends and family. We hung out there most of the day on Sunday just chilled. The weather was awesome. I love how when it storms up there it is so loud. We really had the best of both worlds with the weather. It rained a little but never while the boys were playing ball.
The kids and I are already looking forward to the next time. It may take a few months of recovery time for all the old men to heal from their injuries:)

1 comment:

Hess Fam said...

don't tell Matthew but I really miss going up there! wish we lived a little closer!