Sunday, March 1, 2009

Brooklyns Piano recital





Last week B had her 1st piano recital. It was really casual which was nice and not so intimidating for her. She played This Land is Your Land and another short song. She was so focused and was counting out loud so she would get it just right. She was awesome and didn't even make one mistake. She has been taking for about a year now and is doing very well with it. She fights me continually about practicing and having to go to lessons but this is one fight I wont lose for now. Everyone always told me I would regret it if I quit and I thought they didn't know what they were talking about. 15 years later I regret everyday that I can not play any better than I do. So I am making B stick to it. I absolutely love the sound the piano makes and could listen to piano music all day. There is something so calming and peaceful about the piano. I told B she has to be good so she can serenade me now and when I am an old lady. I want her to be able to play Jessica's theme, that's my favorite song. You know the Man From Snowy River song. I always wished I could play like Jessica on the movie. Basically its one of those things where parents are living through there kids :) Hey at least its a healthy thing that I'm pushing her to do right. I'm am really proud of her and how well she does at so many different things. She definitely has been blessed with the ability to do things without a ton of struggle. I hope she will soon realize that we have been asked to develop our talents and she is so blessed to be able to.

1 comment:

Channy said...

You are right to push her!! Piano is the gift that keeps giving to you and to others. I have given up the fight with my very powerful daughter. She too will someday regret it!!